Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday's Riddle: A Tramp's Style...


Hello Riddlers! Can you guess our theme this week? Our good friend and middle grade author, Phoebe Stone, loves these. ; ) ~ F

The top hat was known as a big hit, but I'm even better; a more comfortable fit. When riding near trees, certain to dip, I'll not bend or break, nor will I tip. I was made by two brothers, worn by the guard, run by the rails, then a tramp played my card. I'm not flimsy or frilly, and I don't like to boast. Gentlemen in the 20's wore me the most. 

What am I?

I gave you a clue!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I have no idea. Is it a type of hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one got me, I am not really into hats but I cannot wait to hear what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is a bowler? And I think every business man in London used to wear one until the 1970s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going with the bowler. They were the rage in the 20's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bowler or maybe a boater as favoured by the great gatsby? My dad wore a flat cap for most of his life so that could be another option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say a derby hat, but most of these comments mention a bowler. Hmm... Great riddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then I suppose derby and bowler are the same thing!

      Delete
  7. First I thought maybe a pork pie hat, but now I think a bowler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So not sure. Though I feel you gave us enough hints to know. I'll go with bowler since everyone else is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! No clue - although bowler is the popular answer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget